Bella Earrings Teal & Agate
- Bella Five Stone Earrings Teal & Agate
- 22ct Gold Plated Brass
- Hooks are Sterling Silver Gold Plated
- The earrings measure approx 7cm
- Handmade in our London studio
- Precious & Semi Precious Collection
Agate was highly valued as a talisman or amulet in ancient times. It was said to quench thirst and protect against fever. Persian magicians used agate to divert storms. A famous collection of two to four thousand agate bowls which was accumulated by Mithridates, king of Pontus, shows the enthusiasm with which agate was regarded. Agate bowls were also popular in the Byzantine Empire. Collecting agate bowls became common among European royalty during the Renaissance and many museums in Europe, including the Louvre, have spectacular examples.